One Plastic Bag at a Time

Put one foot in front of the other ...

Back to the Vanity Fair Pull-Out today - which I've lost somewhere in my apt but will hopefully turn up shortly.

I don't remember what number it was but one of the ways to help save the planet was to use alternative transportation - walk, bike, etc.

I did just that today - I ran out to the gym, did errands, walked slowly back to my apartment, and have parked my ass on the couch for the rest of the day. I am firmly ensconced in the dark air-conditioned cave of my living room with no plans to venture back out into the heat.

I know a lot of you out there share my pain as this heat extends all the way across the nation. I also know that a heat wave is not directly linked to global warming.

But it makes you think, doesn't it?

While you're trying to stay cool and hydrated, keep in mind that 1.5 million tons of plastic are used every year to bottle water. Re-use those bottles or think about getting a re-usable bottle. If you live in New York City, chances are the water from the tap is better than the water in the bottle anyway. And has flouride!

From Idealbite.com:

Pitcher or faucet filters cost about $200 over 5 years. Bottled water services or bottles cost nearly $2000 in that same timeframe!


Save the earth and save money at the same time? Brilliant!