One Plastic Bag at a Time

I always feel like someone's watching me...

If you didn't already know it, nothing you do on the web is private. And if you ever thought to yourself, "Who cares?" read this:

A Face Is Exposed for AOL Searcher No. 4417749

It makes me think what would someone think if they looked at my search history? Taking a look back, I think I'd definitely make the enemy of the government list - it looks like I'm a tree-hugging, plastic bag-hating, organic-food eating mother who is looking for legal advice, to refinish my floors and needs some technical help with my Office 2000 installation.

What does your history say about you? And think how much someone could learn about you, especially if cross-referenced with your purchases in the last year, including food (yes, when you use that 'club card' at the supermarket, all the info from your purchase is captured and stored).

Unsettling, isn't it?

So the next time you hear about the government asking Google for data, think about how the your privacy is eroding as fast as the California coastline and will one day be as obsolete as common courtesy.

It's not a world I look forward to living in - which is why I like to use CASH.