One Plastic Bag at a Time

On the road

I guess I could have published a greatest hits post or two while I've been gone this week, but since I've only been blogging since June, it seemed a bit redundant.

You'll notice that the plastic bag count has jumped drastically ... I've been really good, and while I was on Fire Island my friend and I carried our wee wooden wagon into the supermarket so that we didn't have to use a single plastic bag to get our groceries home.

By now, the phrase "I don't need a bag for that" rolls off my tongue without thinking. The days of self-consciousness about being perceived as a tree-hugging hippie freak are long over, so I think I'm ready to make the next step.

The canvas bag.

While re-organizing my closet I came across a canvas bag that I bought in Aruba and probably haven't used since, and I think it's the perfect size for my small shopping trips.

So get ready to watch that plastic bag count by leaps and bounds!