One Plastic Bag at a Time

Really? Yes, REALLY! REALLY!

A real life conversation had by my husband today when he went out to buy a quart of milk.

Husband: "No thanks, I don't need a bag for that."
Supermarket bimbo: "Are you sure?"
H: "Yes, I'm sure. It's a quart of milk. I live around the corner."
SB: "Really? I can put it in a bag for you."
H: "Really. I'm fine. I LIVE AROUND THE CORNER. It's a quart of milk"
SB: "Here." [handing him a bag with a quart of milk in it]
H: "No thanks. Here's your bag."
SB: "Really? Are you sure?"
H: "Yes. REALLY."

Husband huffs out of the store and ALL THE WAY AROUND THE CORNER with his unbagged quart of milk. By the time he walks in the door, he's ranting about some dumb cow, holding a quart of milk, saying "Really? REALLY!" and I was understandably worried.

And then, when I heard the whole story (which thankfully didn't involve an actual cow) I was so proud of him.

I have gotten another report from a friend whose husband turned down a bag when he purchased a single item at a home improvement store. For accounting purposes I'm not counting it, but kudos to him as well!